Welcome to my blog.

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I hope you'll enjoy it.

Saturday, March 14, 2009

The Love of My Life

As I mentioned in my blog introduction, I am not a writer nor a publisher. I love reading beautiful poems and positive inspirations. On my husband's 60th anniversary I wanted to do something special for the occasion, I wanted him to know how much I appreciate and love him.

I wrote a poem dedicated to the love of my life. Through my eyes and my heart I hoped he would discover the man I love and cherish.

I offer you the translation of this poem, it was first written in french, the language we speak and express ourselves.

Today, Réjean, I want you to look at yourself, not in a mirror to fix your hair but through my eyes. I would like for you to see who you are, I want you to see past your little wrinkles in the corner of your eyes that add to your charm.

Réjean, you are an extraordinary man, passionate and devoted. You are not afraid to put in the effort to provide for your family. In your presence the room lights up and you bring happiness to people. You are my sunshine and the man of my life.

Réjean, you are a true friend, funny and respectful. You have a way of making people feel good about themselves, you listen to them and let them know they are important. You are my best friend, I admire and appreciate you so much.

Réjean, you are a wonderful lover and mate. Cuddled up in your arms I am the happiest woman in the world. You have a special place in my heart reserved just for you and you’re the only one that has access to it.

Réjean, you are an incredible father, responsible and generous. Your children know that they can count on you and that you are always there for them. You share your experiences and you teach them the values of life. You are concerned about their happiness and you assure their security. I thank you for giving me this precious gift of love.

A man like you, Réjean, is a real blessing in my life. Constant source of happiness and joy, you're a real gem that I keep as a precious treasure. May this anniversary be very special because someone so wonderful is worthy to receive only the best.

I wish you many more beautiful years filled with joy, love, health and surprises. I wish you to achieve your dreams and live your passions intensely.